The Disciples of Light EU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aralon Galer

5 posters

Go down

Aralon Galer Empty Aralon Galer

Post by Aralon Tue 8 Jun - 11:57

OOC information

Name: Wayne Buller

Experience with WoW: Been playing since TBC, I have one level 80, and a level 35 mage (horde). I came with Scarshield Legion, another RPPVP and I did both good and evil RP on it!

How did you hear of us?: On the forums!

Do you know anyone in the order already?: Nope =/

Hobbies: WoW, going out and games

Work/student/other: Student atm

Are you familiar with the Code of Conduct:: Who aint?

What can you contribute within the guild: Erm....my awesome rp?

Your average online time: Most of the weekdays but not at weekends

IC information

Character Name: Aralon Galer

Character Race:Human

Character Class: Retribution Paladin

Male/Female: Male

Birthplace: Redridge Mountains

Age/DoB: 72 (He is a very VERY old man, explained in the story!)

We would benefit from knowing your language capabilities, strengths and weaknesses etc. Please write a short story or piece of text that either summarises your character, or shows of your writing at its best!

Short Piece of writing [Optional]:
His father was a simple fisherman, his mother a house wife. Born and raised in Redridge by his mother and father, Aralon Galer had a very average childhood. When he was at the young age of 18, Aralon meet a beautiful women called Emma in Stormwind while he was on a trip with his father. Throughout the next four years, they built a strong relationship which can only be described as "close friends". When he had enough gold saved up he bought a small house of his own in Stormwind and soon married Emma. When Aralon moved to Stormwind, Emma and Aralon got a job in Stormwind's Cathedral of Light which is where they befriended a paladin called Pithius. The next 10 years nothing happened. Emma was on her way home with Pithius. This is when Emma was attacked by a mugger. Pithius turned around and saw this happen and held his hammer in his hand and taunted the mugger until guards appeared. When the guards appeared, Pithius ran to the Cathedral of Light for the healing powers of the Priests and other Paladins. Pithius ran to Aralons house and told him the news. Aralon rushed to the Cathedral of Light quickly to find that Emma's wounds were too server to be healed by medicine or magic. He said his final goodbyes. With the death of his wife, Aralon decided to move back to Redridge with his parents. He turned into an alchoholic.

Seven years later Pithius heard at what state Aralon has became. He tracked down where Aralon lived. Pithius tried to convince Aralon to quit the alcohol. He mentioned the death of his wife, and how if she was alive, what she would think. As you would expect, Aralon went into a fiery rage. He picked up chairs, mugs, whatever he could get his hands on and threw them at Pithius in the middle of the pub. Pithius gave up and walked out of the pub. Pithius walked to where he stabled his steed and paused for a minute. He thought about how he could try and get Aralon to see how his actions are hurting everyone around him. A storm was brewing. A lightening built shot from the sky onto the pub, making a roof tile fly into the sky. Pithius looked up. The tile came straight down and hit him on the head with a deadly force killing him instantly. Aralon heard and felt the lightening hit the roof of the pub and ran to see if the building had caught fire. That is when he saw Pithius lying there. He understood that his actions was the cause. If he didn't attack Pithius, he would still be alive. He picked up Pithius's libram and used his steed to ride to Stormwind. He ran into the Cathedral of Light and told them what had happened and gave them his libram and told them where the steed was. They told him to keep it, he was asked to join the Paladin order. They knew that Aralon was a kind hearted person, just needs a cause and a guide.

For the next 18 years Aralon trained as a Paladin. After the 18 years, he was ready to help. This is when the Alliance first entered the Dark Portal. Aralon was a rookie. He was one of the first to sent in to battle. He held his grown at Honours Hold. He was part of the Hellfire Citadel attack. As one of the few survivors, he stayed and helped to rebuild Honour Hold as much as he could. He helped by healing the wounded with medicine and magic. He helped with repairs. When the Dark Portal was re-opened after eighteen years of them being closed, he thought he would finally be off this rock. He was ordered to stay put, fight the Burning Legion any way he could. He was moved to the army of the Alliance and moved to Shattrath City, the City of Light. Here he was told to defend and help with anything that was asked of him. With his stay in Shattrath City, Aralon worked day and night. Not for a cause but so that he could finally have a meeting the Naaru. The being which the Dreanei themself called "the light". After months of hard work, it finally paid off. He was granted the right to see the Naaru. To get the feel of the Naaru. He walked upto the Naaru within Shattraph City. Nothing was said. He had the sense that he was welcomed, thanked for what he has done and his reward was what he wanted. Extended life so that he could complete his mission. Justice upon the killer of his wife. Not vengeance, but that the mugger to be put in prision.
Six months ago, he was relieved of duty. He returned to Stormwind, and the Cathedral of Light. He was no longer a rookie, but a veteran. Here he took on minor tasks. Tasks he done while he was a trainee. They were going against him because he was older than the rest. Old he was, but he had more training and saw more than what these 'children' have saw. He remembered why he was given this longer live. To find the killer of his wife. But surely he has to be dead? Or near it, he is bound to be in his seventy's by now! He decided by follow Pithiu's foot prints. To start where Pithius had started his training as a paladin. Northshire Abbey.
After one month up here, doing meaningless tasks he had heard of an order. The Disciples of the Light. He heard of the deeds which they have done, how they have accomplished that one man could not. Here he stands in front of you. Asking for the opportunity to be within the ranks of The Disciples of the Light.

Aralon

Back to top Go down

Aralon Galer Empty Re: Aralon Galer

Post by Aralon Tue 8 Jun - 11:58

Sorry about the long story! I love writting them :-P

And about the Naaru part, got a bit carried away, but it helps explain his colourful background and his old age!

Aralon

Back to top Go down

Post by Aralon Tue 8 Jun - 12:11

OH forgot 2 mention, I was in The Scarlet Crusade, but I left because..well the whole story is this that we had a RP meeting, some OOC people came along and ruined it, then when the meeting was called off IC, I waited for all members of the Scarlet Crusade to leave and then I took my gear off and ran about naked saying OOCTARD. They yelled at me cause I did that and I see no problem! It was in an area where no one RP's....so I got annoyed by that and just left!

Better hearing it from me than some randomer

Aralon

Back to top Go down

Post by Aarian Tue 8 Jun - 14:54

Hey Wayne,

Thanks for applying. I enjoyed the story, writing was good. Unfortunately, we here in the DoL also wouldn't like any of our members running around naked saying OOCTARD anywhere in the game (people RP all over the place).

We have a reputation to uphold as one of the best and oldest RP-PvP Guilds on the server and we couldn't risk jeopardising that.

It's a big shame because you look like a promising member and it would have been good to see how you got on in our IC interview.

If you think that you could live up to the high standards we demand of our members, then please feel free to say so here and we'll give you a chance.

Hope you read our Guild's Code of Conduct though, because any OOC behaviour like what you described from our members would result in a warning from the officers or dismissal from the guild and a blacklist against your name in the Defias RP community.

Fair play for actually making us aware of what happened and for admitting what you did, respect for that.

I hope you do reconsider and I hope you think that you could live up to the high standards we expect from DoL members.

Thanks,

Aarian

Aarian

Back to top Go down

Post by aralon Tue 8 Jun - 16:52

I can understand that, I am just not a heavy RPer so I will pass...I tend to go OOC a lot! Well not the main RP areas or where I see ppl are RPin

But yea, I will pass and was only sayin that cause its better 2 hear it from me than someone else :-P but ahnk you for taking the time 2 read my app ^_^

aralon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ye Olde Bennedict Tue 8 Jun - 18:03

Thought your name was Aralol xD (Inside guild joke)

Anyhow, if you'd be willing to up your anty and behave when other people are around, ooc or ic, I'm sure you'd find the DoL a loving guild to call home.

But as big Aa said, we do have a reputation of being one of the oldest, best and most awesome guilds on this server, and we've had our share of people not really giving a rats ass about the work that has been put in to maintaining the guild.

Anyhow, kudos to you for admitting what you did and all, hope you read the Code of Conduct for the guild and re-consider your actions and decide to apply anyhow, cause we're awesome Very Happy
Ye Olde Bennedict
Ye Olde Bennedict

Back to top Go down

Post by aralon Wed 9 Jun - 1:53

lol well i am looking for a rp guild, been a while since I have done some RP!

Well I have read the code of conduct, and I understand bout it! And one thing I dont want to do is to destory your rep, kinda already made one guild disband on this server already =/

Was a raiding guild....I said i can not raid at those times and then I left....the next day the whole guild was disbanded feel kinda guilty bout that lol

But I have changed my mind, i will join and be a good little boy ^_^

BTW Bennedict, your avatar is my desktop wallpaper! Well I am on Windows 7 with the changing wallpaper thing and it changes between yours and this one :

aralon

Back to top Go down

Post by aralon Wed 9 Jun - 1:55

dam link didnt go in here it is with some spaces!

ht tp:// w w w.wallpaperez .ne t/wallpaper/ games/Warhammer-Mark-of-Chaos-1585.jpg

And yea, I am a warhammer fan! Not that big of one, but I like the warhammer MMO and can not wait for the Warhammer 40k mmo! New info being released at E3 for it!

aralon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Wed 9 Jun - 2:16

I'm a warhammer fan too... of the tabletop game that is.

A small question, out of curiosity, which downsides do you give your character considering his age? How do you play that?
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre
Librarian

Back to top Go down

Post by aralon Wed 9 Jun - 4:59

Nver treid the table top game of it, not my type of thing! Although all the games are good from what I have played :-P

Well I do not engage in combat, because at his age hes bones are weaker and muscles are not as good as they used to be!
So my character is more of based around wisdom, healing and blessing! More like a priest, but with Paladin training if that makes any sense!

aralon

Back to top Go down

Post by Aralon Fri 11 Jun - 14:18

Hate to be very hasty, but am I accepted? If not I will just join a raiding guild and do some ICC progress (atm all I have ever done is PUGs)

Aralon

Back to top Go down

Post by Valestrion Fri 11 Jun - 15:14

Since Aralon seems prepared to behave, I think we should give him the benefit of the doubt. His background story certainly shows he is prepared to put in some effort.

Valestrion

Back to top Go down

Post by Aarian Sat 12 Jun - 4:23

Aralon, you will be contacted in-game by an officer to carry out the IC interview

Aarian

Back to top Go down

Post by Vatheras Mon 14 Jun - 15:37

Interview went very well and Aralon is in the DoL. Lox this.
Vatheras
Vatheras

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum