The Disciples of Light EU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A magically sealed envelope addressed to the Disciples

5 posters

Go down

A magically sealed envelope addressed to the Disciples Empty A magically sealed envelope addressed to the Disciples

Post by Líliana Wed 14 Jul - 4:46

Name: Paul

Experience with WoW: I've been playing for almost 5 years now and been RPing for 4 and a half of those years. When I was in college I used to play D&D so the oppurtuntiy to RP in the Warcraft setting was great. I try to read up on as much lore as I can, I wouldn't say i'm an expert in WoW lore, but I certainly go read up on something before I start trying to pass it off in RP (for example back on my belf mage he was on a quest to regain the Violet Eye since their exile from Dalaran thinking it could be a new source of magic for their race. This was back on Sporeggar.) I started out roleplaying on Scarshield legion, then moved over to Sporeggar when TBC came out, the chance to start fresh on a brand new RP-PvP server seemed like a nice idea, moved over to Defias about a month before WoTLK hit due to Sporeggar's lol RP. Currently have 5x level 80's on this server, trying to keep RP with all of them from time to time but my mage is my priority for it.

How did you hear of us?: Well i've had some RP with you guys on several occasions, a few world RP-PvP events as well as the occasional run in with members around Stormwind. I might've gotten subtle whispers from one of your members when The Scarlet Crusade went under and noticed I was guildless.

Do you know anyone in the order already?: Well i've seen several of your members around my time in Stormwind, if I don't mention your name, I apologise. Lets see, there's Shariah, Vatheras, Bors, Jeanpierre and Numerius probably knows me better from my rogue Elíka. We had a couple of run ins when she was in the Cartel.

Hobbies: At the moment, just WoW. I'm on my summer break from Uni and I can't find a job. Most of my friends back home are married or have kids....or both. Well, besides WoW I enjoy watching Anime and going out to the cinema with my only friend who isn't settled down yet.

Work/student/other: As I said, Uni Student. Studying a teaching degree right now, just finished my first year. Already did an Animation degree in case your wondering why i'm still in Uni at my age. I don't want to get a job 'Razz'

Are you familiar with the Code of Conduct: Yes, I had a look over that before I started writing this application.

What can you contribute with in the guild: How about a kick ass mage? But seriously, I can tell you that I am a dedicated RPer, I could even organise a few events if your willing to allow it. I've still got a some I could use that have been done on my previous servers, for example we did a smaller version of the Argent Tournament with several other guilds back on Sporeggar. Everyone had alot of fun that day, it was basically a knockout tournament dueling in RP gear outside Silvermoon, the winner got a title which they had to defend at the next tournament.

Your average online time: I'm pretty much online most afternoons and almost every evening. That might change a little once i'm back at Uni, more afternoon and play time and less evening time since i'll be going out with friends again once in a while. Though still very active, I tend to go out for special occasions and events, not really one for drinking for the sake of it.

IC information

Character Name: (Full title) Archmage Líliana Ansem, Liason for the Kirin Tor

Character Race: Human

Character Class: Mage

Male/Female: Female

Birthplace: Stratholme

Age/DoB: 29

We would benefit from knowing your language capabilities, strengths and weaknesses etc. Please write a short story or piece of text that either summarises your character, or shows of your writing at its best!

Short Piece of writing [Optional]:

Líliana appears to be quite a gentle soul from a first glance, she smiles as she speaks softly, her gestures are warm and welcoming, almost as if she is giving off a welcoming aura. Her hair is well groomed, shining blonde in the sunlight and running down past her shoulders. Her pale skin shows no signs of battle, no visable scarring can be seen. Almost everything about her outward appearance shows signs of perfection, Líliana has always been concerned about how she is seen by others.

From a young age she was put to the test in Dalaran, showing a large amount of talent and potential. As a result her training was assisted by one of their finest High Elves to help her develop to her full potential. Constantly feeling the pressure though to perform to everyones expectations, life was never easy for Líliana. It was never the life her family wanted for her but it is the one fate has dealt her.

As a result of the Scourge attacks and the High elves exile into Outland, Líliana's life took an interesting turn. Her mentor, Belithraldor, had become very close to her. When the elves fled, she followed. Trying to start a new life with her partner in Outland proved difficult though, the elves changed with their hunger for magic not being satisfied. Líliana spent years out there, studying with various tribes and races, expanding her knowledge of magic further in hopes of finding a new source for the elves hunger.

After ten years and some tragic events from living in Outland, Líliana finnally returned to Azeroth to face the scourge threat in Northrend. Returning to Dalaran and facing trail for her part in the elves escape, the Council of Six granted her the title of Archmage and appointed her liason to the Ebon Knights as well as the other races of Northrend such as the Tuskkar.

Líliana

Back to top Go down

A magically sealed envelope addressed to the Disciples Empty Re: A magically sealed envelope addressed to the Disciples

Post by Ye Olde Bennedict Wed 14 Jul - 7:14

I'm just wondering, wouldn't you gain more by rp'ing from the bottom up rather than starting out as Arch mage liason?
Ye Olde Bennedict
Ye Olde Bennedict

Back to top Go down

A magically sealed envelope addressed to the Disciples Empty Re: A magically sealed envelope addressed to the Disciples

Post by Líliana Wed 14 Jul - 8:09

Well I already have, sort of. This character was my mage that I had on sporeggar, former hordie. When I transferred over i turned that mage into part of this characters history. When I joined The Scarlet Crusade, my mage was still on the run from Dalaran. During my time with them I rp'ed the working my way up to becoming archmage and being re-accepted into Dalarans ranks.

Líliana

Back to top Go down

Post by Aarian Wed 14 Jul - 8:13

I don't see a problem with the character being a liason to the Kirin Tor myself, especially if you've taken time to grow and develop your character to get to this point.

In terms of joining a new Order like the Disciples of Light then yes, of course the character will become a Recruit and have to work her way up through the ranks like everybody else.

It means the character will learn and develop further, with the DoL being able to teach and train her in the ways and philosophy of the Holy Light - and likewise, she will be able to hopefully share her knowledge of the Magi arts with the Order and it's members, maybe giving lessons and lectures to us about it.

Will also be good to have such a character acting as a possible mediator between the Kirin Tor and the Order, should such a time and need arise during our RP. With her other contacts with other races etc. it may also lead to the creation of some cool RP events for everyone.

I like the application, you have a lot of experience in RP Smile

Please contact our Recruitment Officer, Vatheras, or any other Officer in-game to set up an IC interview.

Aarian

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Wed 14 Jul - 9:09

*tries to open the letter with his elegant letter opener*
*raises his eyebrows as it seems to have no effect on the magically sealed letter*
"The letter opener... it does nothing."
*looks at the letter opener in confusion*
*fiddles his robe*

Your tournament ideas sound familiar. I'm still learning the ropes of pvp but if you're interested in some dueling with my noob priest, I'd gladly welcome it. Razz
Good luck with the interview.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre
Librarian

Back to top Go down

Post by Vatheras Wed 14 Jul - 11:04

I'm the subtle guy whispering!
Vatheras
Vatheras

Back to top Go down

Post by Valestrion Wed 14 Jul - 11:59

Didn't Liliana help us out when we were collecting the reagents to save Vatheras after his run in with the Dark Sphere?

Valestrion

Back to top Go down

Post by Líliana Wed 14 Jul - 12:01

Yeap, I was there before when we had a run in with the Dark sphere in Deadwind pass as well. Too bad horde kinda ruined that part though

Líliana

Back to top Go down

Post by Valestrion Wed 14 Jul - 12:03

Well, helping save the Lieutenant of Recruitment from a major curse probably gives you a head start with your interview.

Valestrion

Back to top Go down

Post by Vatheras Wed 14 Jul - 12:04

It does yes.
Vatheras
Vatheras

Back to top Go down

Post by Vatheras Thu 15 Jul - 16:06

Passed the interview! \o/
Vatheras
Vatheras

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down