The Disciples of Light EU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Martinias Hlaadik

3 posters

Go down

Martinias Hlaadik Empty Martinias Hlaadik

Post by Martinias Sat 13 Mar - 13:52

OOC information

Experience with WoW: I´ve been playing for about 2,5 years, though I created just 2 lvl 80 chars (then large number of lover lvls from 70-1). I know the basics of the lore, but this Martinias isn´t any historian and his point of view on things was anyway changed by his lord, so making mistakes lorewise will be natural for him.

How did you hear of us?: A bit in Duskwood and then DB RP forum recruitment thread made me make up mi mind about which guild should Martinias choose.

Do you know anyone in the order already?: Nope.

Hobbies: WoW and several other things Very Happy

Work/student/other: student

Are you familiar with the Code of Conduct: Ya, you even made me to download the addon even though I could do wothout it.

What can you contribute with in the guild: Young and naive enthusiasm of this paladin, his sword and determined mind. Then OOC some of my own experience with whatever, regarding WoW mainly shamans + help of this shaman, Nargumi, who wants to stay a bit alone.

Your average online time: Thu, Fri, Sat from about 20: 30, depends, 00:00 to 4:00, other days ill just pop up and do daily hero fro emblems and Sat and Mon mornings. Ill anyway divide this time between Martinias and Nargumi

IC information

Character Name: Martinias Hlaadik (he wishes to become a knight and join nobility of Azeroth...)

Character Race: Human

Character Class: Paladin

Male/Female: Male

Birthplace: Lakeshire

Age/DoB: 21

We would benefit from knowing your language capabilities, strengths and weaknesses etc. Please write a short story or piece of text that either summarises your character, or shows of your writing at its best!

Short Piece of writing [Optional]: Martinias always dreamed of being a mighty and well-known knight. He was a son of middle class burgher and therefore his father had other plans with his sons future. Then one day, Lukas R. CAK, nobleman and lord from distant country, who called himself emperor and king of allbeing accidentaly came to Lakeshire. He got lost in the dark forests of Duskwood and luckily managed to get to the town. Hardly had he seen Martinias taking care of his fathers sword when he decided to take him under his protection and make him his squire.
Martinias was in the seventh heaven. This was what he had always dreamed of. By that time he was hardly 16, perfect age to become a squire. Lukas promised him to make him a knight when he reaches proper age. Several years of herioc battles, thorough learning of noble etiquette, training with swords and learning how to prepare his lords armour followed.
However one day, Lukas went to the Fargodeep mine and met Kobolds. These little creatures somehow deluded him. He moved some of their families to his kingdom, enforced laws to protect Kobold nation and he himself changed his behavior and visage to be more similar to kobolds, who he admired now.
Martinias however wasnt that happy. Not only was he sent to mines for few months to learn the genuity of kobolds, but also he had to serve them. But this was the last drop. He was about 20 and at this age squires normaly became knights, but Lukas seemed to forget it. He left Lukas and went back to Stormwind to fulfil his dream in his own way.

Martinias

Back to top Go down

Martinias Hlaadik Empty Re: Martinias Hlaadik

Post by Yepharel Sat 13 Mar - 15:28

Good application, Poke me in-game for an invite to the guild. You will be accepted as an OOC member untill you have had your IC interview.

Kind regards, Yepharel - Recruitment Officer
Yepharel
Yepharel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rentarn Sat 13 Mar - 16:56

Gonna have to play the grammar nazi on this one.
Try to be careful with typos such as "wothout" and "fro". It doesn't affect RP directly, but can lead some people to not take you seriously, something none of us wants. A typo or two is no big deal, if typos. Sloppy typing, however, is notable.

Secondly, I can't say the backstory makes that whole lot of sense. I guess there's such a thing as being crazy enough to be deluded by kobolds (remember they're the rat-like people that shout "You no take candle!"), but to move families to your kingdom? What kingdom? A kingdom inside the kingdom of Stormwind?
Also, how do the kobolds come across eluding a 20 year old into serving them? By that time, your character surely had heard from the guards or civilians that the kobold are a pest, pretty much.

Overall I can't do much, since Yeph is the one in charge of recruitment, but I'd advise you to brush up a bit more on WoW lore and relations of different Azerothian creatures, and to spend more time designing your character's psyche, for the sake of historical cohesion.
Rentarn
Rentarn
Admin

https://disciplesoflight.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Martinias Sat 13 Mar - 17:04

Nice, this went fast. Ok, ill keep an eye on the grammar... but id say in RP im a bit more careful and I dont write that long messages anyway. Very Happy

Martinias

Back to top Go down

Post by Yepharel Sun 14 Mar - 3:40

Well, Rentarn, I was going to take that up in an OOC interview, you see Smile I felt no need to post it on the forum when I might aswell talk to him about it in-game.
Yepharel
Yepharel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum