The Disciples of Light EU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application

+3
Shariah
Ye Olde Bennedict
Valestrion
7 posters

Go down

Application Empty Application

Post by Bido Tue 15 Jun - 15:02

Name: Alex

Experience with WoW: How long have you played? What do you know of Warcraft lore? Highest leveled character? Roleplay experience also.. i have played wow since from the start. i often read Wow lore, and i'm quite into it, i got 4 lvl 80's, i have roleplayed a lot in the past, and i have just returned from a break from rp, and is ready to give it another shot.

How did you hear of us?:I saw you in action in SW, and heard the the message in trde chat

Do you know anyone in the order already?: nope

Hobbies: wow, music, and other games etc.

Work/student/other:Student

Are you familiar with the Code of Conduct::i sure am.

What can you contribute with in the guild: fun and good times...

Your average online time: depends on the given day, but i'm on every day

IC information

Character Name: Alexander Benedicte, known as Alex or Bido
Character Race: Human

Character Class: Paladin, Defender of the Light

Male/Female: Male

Birthplace: Lorderon

Age/DoB: unkown

We would benefit from knowing your language capabilities, strengths and weaknesses etc. Please write a short story or piece of text that either summarises your character, or shows of your writing at its best!

Well, uhm, i guess i just give you the first chapter in the story of my Character!

"His life began in Lorderon, growing up with a father and mother. His Father was a proud paladin, a protecter of the light. Alex was trained in the art of a combat paladin, by his father and his friends. at the age of 21, Alex was send to Stormwind to join the forces there. He lived in Stormwind for about 3 years, still training his skills. he was a friendly person, doing whatever he could to support his friends in Stormwind. Then one day, he was send out with a little sqaud of soldiers, to protect a mage, who was travling to the Gadgetzan in Tanaris. On arrival to tanaris, they was Ambushed by a group of cultist. Alex fought well, but something went terrible wrong. A cultist and the mage's spells colided makeing a giant Vortex, which pulled them all into the space between time and reality. there Alex drifted through time, slowly separeting from the others, Until he was blasted out of the space and landed at the same place as he started. None of the others were anywere to be found, so he began the walk against Gadgetzan. when arrival at gadgetzan, people looked at him with curious looks. He finaly arraived back to stormwind, but everything he knew was gone. he got more and more fustrated, and couldn't understand. he seeked out priests of the Cathedral. he asked about his friends, and such. one of the priest indentified one of the names as his grandfather. It came as a Shock to Alex, knowing that nearly 70 years had past since the battle with the cultists."

Bido

Back to top Go down

Application Empty Re: Application

Post by Valestrion Tue 15 Jun - 15:07

Unusual story, but looks good enough to me

Valestrion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ye Olde Bennedict Tue 15 Jun - 16:11

Uhm...

I don't know really, I'm a bit confused Shocked
Ye Olde Bennedict
Ye Olde Bennedict

Back to top Go down

Post by Bido Tue 15 Jun - 18:04

whats confusing you?

Bido

Back to top Go down

Post by Ye Olde Bennedict Tue 15 Jun - 19:16

Bido wrote: A cultist and the mage's spells colided makeing a giant Vortex, which pulled them all into the space between time and reality. there Alex drifted through time, slowly separeting from the others, Until he was blasted out of the space and landed at the same place as he started. None of the others were anywere to be found, so he began the walk against Gadgetzan. when arrival at gadgetzan, people looked at him with curious looks. He finaly arraived back to stormwind, but everything he knew was gone. he got more and more fustrated, and couldn't understand. he seeked out priests of the Cathedral. he asked about his friends, and such. one of the priest indentified one of the names as his grandfather. It came as a Shock to Alex, knowing that nearly 70 years had past since the battle with the cultists."

Preeetty much all that is confusing me, I don't really know what I should think about it. scratch
Ye Olde Bennedict
Ye Olde Bennedict

Back to top Go down

Post by bido Wed 16 Jun - 3:17

hehe.. the text were only made so you could see how my writing was. i've really haven't went that far back in my chars history yet.

bido

Back to top Go down

Post by Shariah Wed 16 Jun - 4:37

I'd like to see the same text again, though with a slight bit more inlook into the lore and some better flow in the text, if you do not mind ? ^^.
Shariah
Shariah

https://disciplesoflight.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Graylen Wed 16 Jun - 4:42

Tell them you have memory loss, always works.
-sneaks off-

Graylen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bido Wed 16 Jun - 9:41

well, i'm a lot better at live interviews Razz

Bido

Back to top Go down

Post by Shariah Wed 16 Jun - 9:42

Still, would like to see somesort of more writing.
Shariah
Shariah

https://disciplesoflight.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Aarian Wed 16 Jun - 14:00

I say we give him an interview. We need to be consistent here - Kuxii's app had a shocking piece of optional writing, a few lines, and we gave him an interview,

Aarian

Back to top Go down

Post by Bermor Fri 18 Jun - 5:16

you probably dont want my advice but i'll give it anyway :p

IC stories are not easy to make. Some of the best roleplayers I know have got terrible story telling skills. The only reason a short story is needed, in my opinion, is to show the willingness of the person behind the keyboard. They want to join your guild and want to learn the guilds ways. I wouldn't be to picky or we may lose out on some of the servers best roleplayers.
Don't judge a book by its cover, everyone deserves a chance Smile

P.s. England to win 4-0

Bermor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vatheras Fri 18 Jun - 5:19

I'm gonna set up an interview. Bido, contact me ingame and we'll sort it out.
Vatheras
Vatheras

Back to top Go down

Post by Ye Olde Bennedict Fri 18 Jun - 17:06

As I said above, I am somewhat confused about what to think regarding that piece.

But, work your magic Vathy boy.
Ye Olde Bennedict
Ye Olde Bennedict

Back to top Go down

Post by Vatheras Sat 19 Jun - 17:30

Interview went well and Bido is part of the DoL. Lock,
Vatheras
Vatheras

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content