The Disciples of Light EU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Application

4 posters

Go down

My Application Empty My Application

Post by Shadow Sun 14 Mar - 13:15

OOC information

Name: Jesse

Experience with WoW: I know very little about WoW's lore to be honest, i'd been playing for 2-3 years now (wow, never thought of it like that) and never took any interest in the lore, just enjoyed the gameplay. But when the WotLK came out i found the story so engrossing to do with Arthas and his descent into madness that it drove me to learn more about the lore, at least in that area, so i'm willing to learn, but find it hard to permanently absorb the information i read. ^_^ I have never really RPed on WoW before either, not much, but i started collecting gear with the intention to do so a few weeks ago and really looking forward to getting into it.

How did you hear of us?: Yepharel was spazzing in trade.

Do you know anyone in the order already?: I wanna say.... Yepharel, cus we talked, and I think he was coming onto me. lol. Other than that, no sorry.

Hobbies: I'm a writer in real life, i enjoy watching and reading comedy, anime and manga, especially naruto and bleach. I also RP on a site, though that is different as you are describing everything more like a book, than just some of your actions, words, etc. as in WoW as the backgrounds are there for you already.

Work/student/other: I am currently not working, or studying, just left my job, but i am a writer and hoping to do something more with that to be honest, and also looking for an apprenticeship in something hands on.

Are you familiar with the Code of Conduct: Yes, i read the post on that, read all the posts on the forum actually including the rules and lore and so on, sounds good to me.

What can you contribute with in the guild: Well on the character that is joining he is an alchemist/herbalist, he can cook and fish at the maximum level, as well as first aid. And though they won't be joining i have a death knight that i'm leveling her JCing and a Shaman who has enchanting/mining, so again, if you need anything there you're pretty much covered. I'm a warm, and upbeat kinda person with a humorous nature and i always speak my mind for better or worse so please take my blunt nature kindly, i don't mean to offend.

Your average online time: I would say at least an hour a day, but in reality it is usually (at least at the moment) over 5-10 hours. *is now embaressed*

IC information

Character Name: Lady Shadow
Character Race: Kaldorei
Character Class: Rogue
Male/Female: Female
Birthplace: Unknown
Age/DoB: Unknown, appears to be early 30's

Short Piece of writing:

The muscles in her legs were burning now, she could barely stand let alone run but she kept going regardless for she knew if she were to stop, to falter for but a moment, she would be beaten.

Her lungs were seizing, her heart beating faster than her footfall.
"Thief!!" Two men chased after the girl, no older than 10. Despite the difference in size she seemed to be guided by the winds and she moved so quickly that they were struggling to keep up, driven by her terrible fear. "Someone, for God's sake stop that filthy creature!!" She darted through the crowds as the two men chased her but their large size made it difficult for them to weave amongst the bystanders as she had just done, she ducked around into a back alley and looked down at the thing she clutched to her chest.

A loaf of bread. It was almost stale, and ridden with the bites of mice but she had not eaten in 3 days and could hold herself no longer, she ran across the cobbled back alley of Stormwind, weaving through the maze of corridors created by the many tightly packed buildings, she took a moment to look up just as the first drops of rain splashed her cheek, she heard their footsteps behind her once more.

She ran, but staggered, and as she turned the last corner collapsed to her knees. A dead end. She stared at the wall in disbelief and barely felt the first strike, as the heavy boot burst her eardrum and she fell forwards onto the wet stone, a trickle of blood ran down from her nose as she stared to one side, as their feet tred her back and neck, and head, beating her over and over, "I'll teach ye to steal from me!!" One of the men yelled, and drew a dagger, he reached down, snatched her up by her salt-coloured hair and brought it to her neck.

Before he knew what had happened he slipped forwards as her leg twisted around him and grabbed the dagger, it was clumsy but as he fell his neck met the blade and he sprayed blood across his comrade's face as he hit the ground dead, she stood up and fell to one side, grabbing the alley's wall for support, and brought the dagger to bare, pointing it at her remaining pursuer, he raised his hands as fear washed over him, all the bravado gone, and turned to flee. It was a long time past his footsteps fell silent that her hand dropped the dagger and she wept, picking up the rain-sodden bread, and escaping into the shadows.

She had no parents, abandoned in the alleys of Stormwind as a child, she took what she needed to survive, looking for guidance but receiving none, in time she learnt from a master rogue, and to distance herself from her past, she gave herself a name of highborne status, she simply became known as 'The Lady, Shadow'. She became well-known for her thievery across the city, but she could feel the watchful eye's of the Disciples of Light upon her, would they be next to fall at her blade? Or would they become the family she had wanted since birth...

((Hope that's okay btw, guys, do let me know ASAP ^_^))

Shadow

Back to top Go down

My Application Empty Re: My Application

Post by Yepharel Sun 14 Mar - 13:25

Oh shit, you are an elf?...Wasn't pre-pared for that. Ehh. Right, now Elves believe in Elune and not the light...This was weird.

Or has your elf converted into the light? I do hope so, othervise you can't join Sad
Yepharel
Yepharel

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Sun 14 Mar - 13:28

Well, being brought up in Stormwind without a single bit of elven influence she has no belief in anything, as she has yet to become a Disciple of the Light, i thought a cool ongoing story would be that she joins and has to 'learn' from a teacher, how to act, how to behave, to forgive and so on. Minus her physical features, and abilities, she is more human than elf really. So consider her more of an anti-hero at the time of her joining the Disciples of Light.

Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Yepharel Sun 14 Mar - 13:35

Well, I personally don't see the problem as long as she is a follower of the Light. But I don't know if elves have been allowed in the past, and I really don't know if they are now. Hopefully Rentarn will see this and answer this all for us, as he has been here much longer than me! Razz
Yepharel
Yepharel

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Sun 14 Mar - 13:39

Well naturally she will become a follower of the light as time goes on, story wise and so on. But to be honest, i've read up a lot on the light and Elune, even if i had chosen to believe in Elune, there is no conflicting reason why she could not believe and defend the light. Such as Buddhism and Shintoism, the two go together fine. It's not quite like say, Christianity where it's, 'this is right and that is wrong', at least, in my opinion. ^_^

But yes, an answer would be lovely.

Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Rentarn Sun 14 Mar - 14:17

It's quite an old policy of the guild. The recruitable races are dwarves, humans and draenei. Dwarves and humans because of their past in fighting for the Light in the wars, and the fact that they can be paladins; and draenei because most of them are all attuned to the Light so.
The other races normally don't even apply for the Disciples, because of the conflict of ideals. Gnomes aren't ideologists (though that will change with Cata), elves go for druidism or Elune.

Of course it doesn't always have to be like this. Your character is an exception to the rule, as it is. But I don't know if I can be allowed to make an exception in our guild policy. It is something Aarian, Morfran and Bors came up with a long time ago and it is not my place to open exceptions. While personally I think that as Disciples we have to look past race and background, taking in those that are potential Light followers since it is a philosophy everyone can follow, I'd have to ask Aarian.
As for your application: well written, you're an awfully cheerful chap and would love to have you on board. If it were up to me alone, I'd have you in.
Rentarn
Rentarn
Admin

https://disciplesoflight.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Yepharel Sun 14 Mar - 14:23

Looks like we will have to ask Aarian about this. I will send him a message on both forums, to make sure he gets it.
Yepharel
Yepharel

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Sun 14 Mar - 14:41

Well righty o, i can understand if you have a policy. But i think there are always exceptions to the rules, ultimately i think it's up to you. Hope you want me guys but if not i'll understand no worries.

EDIT: Forgot to say, when Cata comes out i had plans of changing this character's race to a Worgen so i think it'd work better then, yes? A human that had been cursed, that'd work too right? Until then, if you're okay with night elf, i'll try that.

EDIT EDIT: I would love to play a worgen RP character if you're going to allow that lore into your guild, because i'm obsessed with dogs, wolves and werewolf stuff. So yeah, just a thought. Yeah.... lol

Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Aarian Tue 16 Mar - 5:45

When DoL was born, the concept we worked with was a Chivalrous Knight-like order of Humans, who follow the ideals of the Holy Light. This was to tie in with the Order of the Silver Hand and the fact that DoL was a Stormwind-based Order, made up of Humans from both Stormwind and Lordaeron.

As time has passed, the recruitment rules have been expanded to Dwarf Priests, Paladins, Warriors and the Draenei race (reasons being their devotion and following of the Holy Light).

Allbeit it acts as a seperation from other Guilds such as Holy Lightbringers andthe many, many Holy Light Guilds that exist and are continually popping up. It sets us apart, gives us an identity - alas, if we are to change it, it would simply mean we would need to find another way of distinguishing us from the competition and making us stand out.

On the flip side, we don't want to miss out on some potential great members that can bring more to the Order and help us to continue to be an awesome RP guild.

I have spoken with Yeph and I feel that it shouldn't be for me alone to decide - it should fall to a vote amongst the Officers of the Guild to decide this.

Aarian

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Tue 16 Mar - 18:04

Well, i think you're being really fair. Please let me know as soon as possible, so i can either move on or commit myself. Cheers then!!

EDIT: I was considering on making a paladin/mage, not sure which, but it would be low level, human or draenei i think, would that be better for you guys? I'm just wondering. Let me know please.

Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Yepharel Sat 20 Mar - 7:18

Well, if you created a draenei or Human it would be fine. But not as an elf, sorry :S
Yepharel
Yepharel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down