The Disciples of Light EU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application Example

Go down

Application Example Empty Application Example

Post by Yepharel Fri 5 Mar - 11:04

Before filling out an application to this guild be sure you have read the information about the guild in the public part of our forum and that you intend to be familiar with the rp policy. We expect you to use this sheet by copying it when you make a new thread with your application to our guild.

When applying to us:

Like the application forum states you need to copy the sheet, answer it and make a new thread where you post it in with your character name as the name of the thread.

When your application has been seen by the recruitment officer, Yepharel, you will be contacted for an ooc interview and then a ic one. The time it takes from that the recruitment officer sees the application till you become or do not become a member can vary due to different online time and the possibility for an ooc and ic interview.

OOC information

Name: Dan

Experience with WoW:
I've played WoW pretty much since the day it was released, but it wasn't untill around 1-2 years ago that I begun Role-playing. Before that I just used to PvP and Raid, just kill kill kill. I decided to spice things up by trying something new. My friend suggested RPing and I responded with "RPing? Neeerd". But after a while I thought "What the hell, I'll give it a try" and I've RPed ever since Razz

How did you hear of us?:
I first heard of you while you were recruiting in Stormwind. Both the yells and spam in General chat caught my attention. I decided to check it out and "asked around town" but it wasn't untill I saw your recruitment post on the DefiasRP forums that I decided to apply. I hunted down <Insert name here> and grabbed him by the neck and said "I want to join the guild!!". The officer, cowered in fear, then asked me to apply on the forums, which I am now.(WARNING! The above text may contain irony.)

Do you know anyone in the order already?:
Not really. Only one I have spoken to is <Insert name here> and that was over whisper.

Hobbies: World of Warcraft Razz

Work/student/other: School

Are you familiar with the Code of Conduct?: I am indeed!

What can you contribute with in the guild: I can throw in some sarcastic comments once in a while! I will also help out whenever I can Smile

Your average online time: 24/7!

IC information

Character Name: Yepharel Cousland

Character Race: Human

Character Class: Defender/Guardian

Male/Female: Male

Birthplace: Lakeshire, Redridge Mountains

Age/DoB: Unknown

We would benefit from knowing your language capabilities, strengths and weaknesses etc. Please write a short story or piece of text that either summarises your character, or shows of your writing at its best!

Short Piece of writing [Optional]:
..Seeing as I am in the Alps in Austria while making this example, I cannot log onto WoW and copy one of my texts written in my notebook. I also don't have the time to make a new one, so I will post one of my early, less impressive texts, written by me at the beginning of my RPing.

"Before you stands a fairly tall man, perhaps 185 cm. He has a light brown hair and a rough beard. His eyes, blue as they are, has a friendly glimpse in them. He looks at you and smiles, showing his set of white teeths.

He usually wears golden and blue/grey plate armor, made out of titanium no doubt, and on his back is a blue cape made out of silk, almost reaching his feet. As you look down towards his chest, you see a tabard with a golden border, blue backround and a white mark. This indicates that he is a member of the Disciples of Light.

On his belt hangs a small, silver dagger, should he be disarmed in combat andbeside it is a small bag. On the left side of his belt is a longsword made out of steel, given to him for his services in Hellfire Peninsula and the three virtues are written on the blade "Respect, Tenacity and Compassion".".

Do note: The text does not have to be one of the greatest texts of all times. What I want to see, is a small text, doesn't really matter what it is about, if it's a description or a story or w/e. The text will give me a sense of the persons writing style and grammar, that's the point.

Regards, Dan
Yepharel
Yepharel

Back to top Go down