The Disciples of Light EU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application - Raedric the Red

2 posters

Go down

Application - Raedric the Red Empty Application - Raedric the Red

Post by Raedric. Sat 21 Aug - 16:47

OOC information

Name: Robert

Experience with WoW: Been playing for about 2-3 years. I have always and only PvE'ed, and only by some months I started roleplaying. I'm familiar with Defias's orders and guilds, as I had a rogue in the Cartel for quite some time, and only now I transferred my paladin.

How did you hear of us?: I've been scavenging for a good guild through the forums, and then I asked trade which guild would have been best for a human, lawful paladin.

Do you know anyone in the order already?: Unfortunately, no.

Hobbies:

Work/student/other: Student.

Are you familiar with the Code of Conduct::

What can you contribute with in the guild:

Your average online time: I'm pretty active, even if I'll have exams soon. (that doesn't mean I sacrifice study for WoW, but I always find enough time to go around and see what's happening)

IC information

Character Name: Raedric "the Red" - Templar of the Silver Hand

Character Race: Human

Character Class: Paladin

Male/Female: Male

Birthplace: Stormwind

Age/DoB: He's 46, but unfortunately I don't know WoW's years very good, so I never established a DoB.

We would benefit from knowing your language capabilities, strengths and weaknesses etc. Please write a short story or piece of text that either summarises your character, or shows of your writing at its best!

Short Piece of writing [Optional]:

Born in Sitormwind during the most glorious age of its history, Raedric grew up with his family not aware of what future destined him. His story not a short, neither a straight-forward one...

Chapter 1 - The Light's call
Raedric grew up and always foreseen his future as a pacific life of harmony and prosperity: an architect of the Stonemasons.
It was a day like another and Raedric was 19 (adolescence), when he was tasked with picking some herbs for the local alchemists.
He rushed to the Elwynn Forest in search of the herbs and eventually came up at the footsteps of an hill. Near him, a nearby Wolf was looking at its new prey, knowing that this day it wouldn't have abstained from food anymore.
Raedric heard a voice telling him to have faith and to leap fast away from there. At the same time the Lynx tried to ambush her, but fell of the hill, because of Raedric's quick dash.
When he heard that voice, he felt renewed in a way he never felt before and from that day on, he pried with faith, hoping for the voice to appear again.
Six years later, the voice manifested again, this time it ordered him to go nord, beyond the border of the Elwynn Forest, and to venture in Khaz Modan.
Afraid but aware that the voice couldn't have told him to do so, unless it destined something to him, he begin his travel. His faith in the voice grew as he ventured in the Forest and Raedric eventually came across a narrow pass, which allowed him to pass into the region known as Khaz Modan.
As he set the first footstep in the new region, the great landscape leaved him without any words, the voice appearing in his mind again. He eventually ventured to Stratholme and there, he found out he was not the only hearing this "voice". Further clarification came once she knew of the Silver Hand's bastion there, and its homonym organization, a group of humans and elves chosen by the Light, the so called "voice".
There, he was accepted into the order as a neophyte, and everyday he was grateful to the Light and prayed even more, also because the order was pretty rough to live in.

Chapter 2 - The Hand and the Crusade
Years passed, and Raedric was now 31 (adulthood). Things were darkening and the threat of the Horde was more and more near as the days passed. He was also promoted and officially became a Knight, just as the Second War started. He was dislocated to Loch Modan, to fight the reorganizing Horde and during the battle that ensued, he heard of dark whispers as he approached the hooded warriors of the Horde. This was her first encounter with the Death Knights. (An encounter which will leave a mark forever, always making him distrust Death Knights)
Years pass, and the Horde conquers much of Khaz Modan and establishes its base of operations in the Blackrock Mountains. Raedric starts to wander aimlessly and eventually arrives in Northern Lordaeron, in the mostly untouched by the war part of Lordaeron.
In a settlement near the Capital City, he became aware of another Order still alive and was convinced of its pure intents. The Scarlet Crusade, a name Raedric feels like a burden, forever in her mind.
As he tried to be part of the Crusade, he was refused and quickly realized of their xenophobism. But he was not aware of the twisted actions of this organization, until they tried to kill him, foolishly thinking him to be part of the new cultists appearing in the main cities. He was seriously wounded but once again, the Light came in her aid and told Raedric to follow her stalkers. As he sneaked up in the chambers of the Cathedral, unseen, he withstood the horrible tortures and murders that everyday took place within the Cathedral. Raedric was deeply disturbed of what he seen inside the so-called "holy ground" and ruthlessly slew one of the torturers, taking his tabard as both some kind of twisted trophy and reminder of what he was against.

Chapter 3 - The Blood Knights
During those years, Raedric also matured some hatred against the Blood Elves, due to various encounters with paladin who twisted the Light, and commanded it as if it was a pet. As he heard of the continent named "Kalimdor", full of adventures and new, unknown creatures, Raedric fastly sailed. During those years, the Scourge took control of Lordaeron and twisted it in an abomination, forgetting forever of its great, èast beauty. But now, the Scourge was aiming north, beyond the Eversong Forest, and quickly spreading south. More years passed, and Raedric was not aware that the Scourge were laying siege under the very doors of Stratholme. As the city fell, most of the Silver Hand was decimated and part of the great Lordaeron changed forever by mindless undeads. The great landscape was unrecognizable, forever changed.
Raedric meanwhile grew tired of Kalimdor, and had a great nostalgy of his "new" home, Stratholme. He arrived at Lordaeron by ship, only to find his city twisted forever. The undeads were roaming free. Anger took control of Raedric, and he went out in the Lordaeron, slaying hundreds of overwhelming undeads. He was almost overthrown, when exhausted, but the Light manifested stronger than ever. As a burning torch, he set the hordes of undeads on holy fire.
Wounded to death and exhausted, Raedric made it to Loch Modan, where a dwarf found him in a lake of blood. He quickly took him to the nearby outpost.
He spent years helping the dwarves to whom he owed his life, and he never washed the blood on his hand to remember his past, what made the man he was today.
For this, he now calls himself and is called Templar Raedric, "The Red".

I rushed a bit but I hope it'll be okay. Smile

Raedric.

Back to top Go down

Application - Raedric the Red Empty Re: Application - Raedric the Red

Post by Raedric. Sat 21 Aug - 16:48

Sorry to double post so quickly, but I cannot edit.
The chapter 3 should be called "the Red".
Thanks alot for your time Smile

Raedric.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ye Olde Bennedict Sun 22 Aug - 0:15

[url=http://www.wowwiki.com]Http://www.Wowwiki.com[/url - The solution to all your lore questions Very Happy
Ye Olde Bennedict
Ye Olde Bennedict

Back to top Go down

Post by Valestrion Sun 22 Aug - 3:17

Looks good. Contact an officer in game for an interview

Valestrion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down