The Disciples of Light EU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application -Korolev-

5 posters

Go down

Application -Korolev- Empty Application -Korolev-

Post by Korolev Fri 4 Mar - 16:35

OOC information

Experience with WoW: I played vanilla, BC, WotLK and now cataclysm although I took large breaks inbetween as i didnt care much for raiding and end game content. Highest lvl character 80, although on this server its currently 71 and the character I’m joining with

How did you hear of us?: searched around google and ended up here.

Do you know anyone in the order already?: nope

Hobbies: Warhammer, Horror, Roleplay, Starcraft and human historie

Work/student/other: Maritime Mechanist Engineer Candidate (I prefer ‘Machine Master’ as it would be directly translated to tho :p)

Are you familiar with the Code of Conduct:: yes

What can you contribute with in the guild: Roleplay and PvP

Your average online time: 0-6 hours

IC information

Character Name: Korolev: Technician and Lore Keeper

Character Race: Draenei (although he prefers ‘Eredar’)

Character Class: Mage

Male/Female: Male

Birthplace: Argus

Age/DoB: Unknown, but more than 25 thousand years.

We would benefit from knowing your language capabilities, strengths and weaknesses etc. Please write a short story or piece of text that either summarises your character, or shows of your writing at its best!
Language: Common, Eredar/draenei, Orcish

Strenghts:
Librarian of Argus: vast knowledge of the arcane arts, holding many secrets of the old utopia that was Argus.

Otherworldly technican: having spent most of his life working on the old Oshu’gun and the newer Exodar, knowing a great deal about crystals and their utilization in both magical and mechanical applications. Yet as any draenei technician would say ‘we know but a fraction about the Naarus technology’ but operating holo-emitters and teleporters is definantly within his grasp.

Immortal Mage: He is an ancient fire mage, having mastered much of the chaotic ways of the flame. Despite so many years of training and field experience however, fire remains an unpredictable element and ultimately unrefinable.

Weaknesses:
Burning hatred: Despite the calmness that is usually associated with the Draenei, Korolev is not one to share this virtue, his hatred for the legion, for the orcs and for the blood elves is of such intensity that only an immortal being could truly have garnered so much loathing for other races. This weakness has left him unable to perform most arcane magics, leaving many of the arcane arts of Argus in the dust. over the millennia of hatred for the burning legion and especially the Man’ari Eredar only fire magic would embrace him. This has also led to much mistrust of his peoples new found allies, unable to bring himself to ally with warlocks and such foul ilk, only the paladins and priests redeem the human race in his eyes.

Corruption: Despite not joining the majority of Eredar who accepted their place in the legion, so many years of near misses, so much death and so much suffering has left their marks on this old soul.. Even with the Naaru’s blessings, corruption is slowly showing their marks both physically and mentally. Emotionally jaded from seeing so many deaths and so much betrayal, He now walks a path dangerously close to the brink of turning into something just as vile as the Eredar he so loathes.

Eccentric: He easily manages to alienate himself from others, even other Draenei, still clinging to the old ways of Argus while most of his people would rather forget about their dark past, Poor temper towards any talk about warlocks and an air of arrogance, not being much of a people person as his heart cannot handle any more wounds from seeing friends die or betray him.

Appearance:
Like most Draenei, the one standing before you was much taller than a man, blue skin and face tentacles marking his alien heritage.
Horns sprout from the faceplates of this old and withered mages face, at first glance he would seem at peek condition physically, muscular body and fit for duty. However he is often seen leaning against his dark staff, groaning like an old man of a mortal race. Having both a nervous tick when he stand still, seeming jittery and a tad jumpy. But at the same time dragging his hooves along the ground like he was barely able to support his massive body. His blue skin seeming pale and lifeless upon close inspection, one would not be at fault to mistake him for a demon if unaware of the draeneis arrival.

Wearing a red robe of fine quality and of such a design as to immediately identify him as a mage, his belt however is weighed down by multiple pouches filled to the brim with tools and spare parts. One of his eyes being covered by an adjustable green lens or ‘Multi-purpose-vision-aid’ as he calls it. However the biggest eye catcher amongst his belongings would be the dark staff he wields, of an almost demonic design it seems unnatural for a draenei to wield such an evil looking item, as the very air around it seems weighed by its foulness.

Short story:
With the Exodar being in the state it is Korolev has begun feeling the desire to adventure once more, finding this new planet of Azeroth fascinating.. these stories of ‘titans’ and ‘old gods’ able to shake him out of almost constantly being stuck in the past and remembering the glory days of Argus. Somehow rationalizing that working with the mortal races will be less painfull than his immortal brethren and sisters, as he doesn’t feel he’ll grow ‘emotionally attached’ to anyone who dies long before even reaching an age draenei would barely qualify as a child amongst themselves. This rather cynical approach, only serving to further alienate himself from his people.

Not wishing to even be forced to look upon a warlock or a shadow priest, with perhaps the only exception being if he was about to set them ablaze, he seeks company amongst those who follow the virtues of the light.

Korolev

Back to top Go down

Application -Korolev- Empty Re: Application -Korolev-

Post by Ye Olde Bennedict Fri 4 Mar - 16:59

... Another danish one!?!?!?!? Seriously, this must be some sort of conspiracy!

Spoiler:
Ye Olde Bennedict
Ye Olde Bennedict

Back to top Go down

Post by Korolev Fri 4 Mar - 17:17

Ye Olde Bennedict wrote:... Another danish one!?!?!?!? Seriously, this must be some sort of conspiracy!

Application -Korolev- Just_as_planned_tzeentch

Korolev

Back to top Go down

Post by Valestrion Sat 5 Mar - 2:07

Good application. However, be warned that your burning hatred for orcs and blood elves might hinder your acceptance. The Disciples of Light recognise that there are innocents within these races and so do not attack them on sight.

Valestrion

Back to top Go down

Post by Korolev Sun 6 Mar - 9:38

Valestrion wrote:However, be warned that your burning hatred for orcs and blood elves might hinder your acceptance. The Disciples of Light recognise that there are innocents within these races and so do not attack them on sight.

All i have to say really is: Would you ICly walk up to a Draenei, a being blessed by the Naaru, which are basically the angels of the warcraft universe and ask 'Would you totally murder innocent civilians because their people performed genocide and sacrilege towards your race?'.

Otherwise you'd be playing on information you couldn't possibly have acquired ICly, as hatred towards the orcs and blood elves is pretty darn natural amongst the draenei considering the horrible things they've done to them.

Korolev

Back to top Go down

Post by Venji Sun 6 Mar - 11:37

Very nice application, nice to see some Draenei lore (For once!) an older Draenei then I, things to be learnt, one thing alike what Valestrion said, this hatred must be dimmed, due to Korolev's time within the Exodar he musn't of been able to adapt to his new Azeroth surroundings as many of Draenei's have. spotting an Orc, or a Blood elf is a normal daily appearance. If Korolev was to join he would have to come out of his ways, as it is not discipline like to attack innocents.
Venji
Venji

Back to top Go down

Post by Korolev Sun 6 Mar - 12:38

Venji wrote:Very nice application, nice to see some Draenei lore (For once!) an older Draenei then I, things to be learnt, one thing alike what Valestrion said, this hatred must be dimmed, due to Korolev's time within the Exodar he musn't of been able to adapt to his new Azeroth surroundings as many of Draenei's have. spotting an Orc, or a Blood elf is a normal daily appearance. If Korolev was to join he would have to come out of his ways, as it is not discipline like to attack innocents.

Yet the alliance and horde fight each other on a daily basis, To Korolev anyone would be a potential spy or assassin in guise from these races. While aware that there are exceptions just like the Aldor who tolerate but still loathe the scryers in Shratthra. Mistrustfull at best and hostile at worst, but not questioning the wisdom of the Naaru. Keep in mind that this hatred for the blood elves does not extend to high elves of Dalaran and such, but to the faction that took over most of the exodar, this assault on a holy Naaru ship is unforgivable! (aswell as all blood elves who serve the horde, as they have captured and defiled a naaru to channel its power)

And if presented with the option to kill a child, which is possibly the only who are beyond this harsh judgement, it would be a simple question of finding someone within the alliance to raise them, as letting them be raises amongst their own people in his opinion would just be leaving a problem for the future.

As a final note: i see these conflicts and struggles with his own inner demons as fuel for interesting rp opportunities, as he is still considered a 'good draenei' and as such would not strike down anyone (warlocks being the obvious exception) from the alliance if they got in his way of burning down orc villages. The discussions of Ideology, of cold hard facts, of the difference between retribution, and vengeance and of course the moral dilemma of 'but they will only grow up to hate our kind, and kill more of us' Korolev is as all draenei deeply connected to the light and not inherently evil afterall. The burning hatred being as much of a twist to the goodie draenei stereotype as an excuse to not say 'lol i have super-powers of an ancient arcane utopia, bow down to my awesomeness' instead going for 'he knows about it, but cant use it because his emotions aswell as the past command him more than rigorous discipline, not to mention his focus was more on engineering and utility magic when it came to the arcane.

Last edited by Korolev on Sun 6 Mar - 14:44; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : wrote hand of argus instead of Aldor)

Korolev

Back to top Go down

Post by Valestrion Sun 6 Mar - 12:39

I am not saying your attitude towards orcs isn't a valid IC stance. However, a greater degree of restraint is expected of Disciples.

Valestrion

Back to top Go down

Post by Korolev Sun 6 Mar - 13:17

i think i summed it all up pretty well in the previous post.

If a mage acting eccentric (especially an ancient one from a different planet) is too much to handle however, i consider it your loss. As the burning hatred would really only come up when faced with an opponent from a different faction, the fact that he is more eager to kill them is something i expect you tolerate in paladin recruits as well, as humans have lost a lot to the horde as swell.

As for a topic in a conversation it would manifest itself more as ''they murdered so much...'' and paint him more as a tragic figure, again you'd ICly not really get any indication that he has zero tolerance for these races. (at least in the form that he'd burn them)

Korolev

Back to top Go down

Post by Perturbo Sun 6 Mar - 15:45

Well yes this could provide some roleplay if this hatred comes out IC, as long as you know our stance OOCly and what it could lead to before joining. Also, no need to be so defensive.
Perturbo
Perturbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ye Olde Bennedict Sun 6 Mar - 16:19

I see more pro's than con's in this application. I'd say you should contact one of the officers.
Ye Olde Bennedict
Ye Olde Bennedict

Back to top Go down

Post by Korolev Mon 7 Mar - 0:12

Perturbo wrote:Well yes this could provide some roleplay if this hatred comes out IC, as long as you know our stance OOCly and what it could lead to before joining.

I am fully aware that there will be 'complications' OOCly, and I honestly wont be mad if he got booted for some serious murdering of innocents (although whether they're actually innocent is up for debate) And i would in fact be disappointed if such actions had no repercussions in a holy order.

Korolev

Back to top Go down

Post by Perturbo Mon 7 Mar - 5:29

Well then, I suppose we're ready to take this to the IC interview? What do the other officers think?
Perturbo
Perturbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Valestrion Mon 7 Mar - 9:46

Aye, Korolev, as long as you are aware of our position, I think we are ready to move to an interview.

Valestrion

Back to top Go down

Post by Korolev Wed 9 Mar - 14:08

I am no longer interested in joining your guild. Consider the application closed.

Korolev

Back to top Go down

Post by Perturbo Wed 9 Mar - 14:16

Right, lock this.
Perturbo
Perturbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Venji Fri 11 Mar - 1:42

*Shrug* application closed.
Venji