The Disciples of Light EU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bors' Application

+7
Baroth
Aarian
Phil
Shariah
Ronon
Ye Olde Bennedict
Bors
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Bors' Application Empty Bors' Application

Post by Bors Thu 22 Apr - 10:24

Name I'll let ya know my nicknames... Fav, Bors, Kull.. 2GE know me as Grandad or Pappy....

Experience with WoW Fekin loads!

RP Experience See above

A bit about me I'm Kaliel/Bermor's Dad (Sin Belore) Aarian's Mentor and introducer of new drink combinations(joke mate... Apart from the drink bit ^^) Co founder of DoL, founder of Sin Belore and The Cult of Shadow... Erm.. I like Whiskey and/or a few Beers and a quiet smoke...

Do I know anyone in DoL? Yus.... >.> <.<

Reason I want to (Re) Join DoL Because you all need a good kick up the arse!!... Ok... Bors has been gone far too long and I miss him *sobs* (Story for absence from duty will be posted when my creative juices start flowing, usually after the afore mentioned smoke... did I say juices? Eeeww.. Aarian should have some info posted somewhere about Bors.. The last standing Disciple who stood over Aarian, protecting him as he fought back an infernal on the very steps of our sacred Cathedral)

Poke me in-game if you feel up to it, sorry for the quick application but I'm at work..

Tara \o

P.S It's a real pain in the backside trying to post something here y'know....

Last edited by Bors on Thu 22 Apr - 10:25; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Stupid bloody typo!!)

Bors

Back to top Go down

Bors' Application Empty Re: Bors' Application

Post by Ye Olde Bennedict Thu 22 Apr - 10:34

Hai Bórs o/

You still active in SB? I is in thar too! Very Happy
Ye Olde Bennedict
Ye Olde Bennedict

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronon Thu 22 Apr - 10:40

OOC information

Name: <optional>

Experience with WoW: How long have you played? What do you know of Warcraft lore? Highest leveled character? Roleplay experience also..

How did you hear of us?:

Do you know anyone in the order already?:

Hobbies:

Work/student/other:

Are you familiar with the Code of Conduct::

What can you contribute with in the guild:

Your average online time:

IC information

Character Name: (Full title)

Character Race:

Character Class:

Male/Female:

Birthplace: known?

Age/DoB: known?

We would benefit from knowing your language capabilities, strengths and weaknesses etc. Please write a short story or piece of text that either summarises your character, or shows of your writing at its best!

Short Piece of writing [Optional]:
Ronon
Ronon

Back to top Go down

Post by Shariah Thu 22 Apr - 14:19

Please make the writing more serious and we'll have a better look, and perhaps then welcome back.

//
High Chaplain Shariah
Shariah
Shariah

https://disciplesoflight.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Fri 23 Apr - 2:20

... Dudes! It's friggin Bors! He shouldnt even have to apply! ;s

Btw you're dead? Surprised
Phil
Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Aarian Fri 23 Apr - 2:55

Welcome back mate...we'll have to get a nice IC story going for your return!

Aarian

Back to top Go down

Post by Aarian Fri 23 Apr - 2:57

"- Stormwind City suffers a massive revenge attack, as the Horde descend on it’s gates with amazing numbers. The Disciples of Light are the first on the scene having scouted the Horde troops from Redridge, through Duskwood and into Elwynn. As the Horde send in over ten infernals followed by their front lines, the Alliance, rushing to defend, are pushed back to the Keep where a last stand is made. The Horde are only just defeated, the highlight of the battle being when Chaplain Bors single-handedly took down three infernals at the Keep entrance."

Circa. April 2006. Good times ^^

Aarian

Back to top Go down

Post by Bors Fri 23 Apr - 3:59

((No Phil, they are right, standards should be maintained.
I will post an earlier comeback story and we can pick it up from here, if that's ok with everyone)).

OOC information

Experience with WoW: How long have you played? What do you know of Warcraft lore? Highest leveled character? Roleplay experience also.. I know Human, Troll, Forsaken and Blood Elf Lore very well, I have 4 level 80 Characters, Warrior, Rogue, DK and Shaman. I also have a lot of Roleplay experience, WoW, NWN, Forums RP etc.

How did you hear of us?:I helped to make you

Do you know anyone in the order already?:Aarian, Morfran, Rentarn, Phil... And others (sorry guys too many names to remember hehe)

Hobbies: WoW...

Work/student/other:I work...

Are you familiar with the Code of Conduct::Of Course

What can you contribute with in the guild: RP, event ideas, random RP Fun... I hope...

Your average online time: My Wife says too much : /

IC information

Character Name: Bors lighthammer

Character Race: Human

Character Class: Paladin

Male/Female: Male

Birthplace: ( never really thought about it but I will look into it )

Age/DoB: Age 46

News From Outland

*A despatch rider pulls hard on the reins of his pony as he thunders into the courtyard and slides to a halt beside Aarian, he salutes and hands Aarian a package from his saddle bag before spuring his mount forward and thundering out out of the courtyard*

*Aarian opens the package carefully and finds a letter and a dagger, the dagger's handle is crafted in the emblem of Sin'belore and has a small glowing green Gem in the pommel, Aarian opens the letter and reads*

My Lord Aarian,

I send news from Outland, some good, some bad. Scouts captured a low ranking subordinant from those cursed Sin'belore, who mysteriously died soon after capture. He had about his person, the dagger you now have in your hand.

The Gem in the pommel resonates fel energies.. it has baffled us here in Honour Hold and I thought perhaps you could get someone from the Magic Quarter to examine it.

Now the Good news.. Sin'belore seem to be having some sort of power struggle, word has reached me that there is a rift between Kaleil and Kullnar, Kullnar is being protected by the she witch I believe they call Sinae. One of Kullnar's trusted has assumed command of the damned order. Now may be a good time to strike while they are in dissaray, although I respect that is ultimately your decision.

And the bad news, Stay away from Honour Hold, I can not stress this enough. The energies around this area seem to be affecting those of the Light, my powers of healing, protection and focus have all but left me. prolonged exposure could mean permanent damage.

Although it seems the Light is leaving me, my beliefs are still strong.. and so is my sword arm, I will battle on without the help of the Light.. If need be.

I look forward to your reply my Lord, It would be good to hear of home, how is Rentarn? I am sure he is carrying out his duties with honour.

The Light be with you always my Lord

Bors Lighthammer
Chaplain to the Disciples of Light.

The Journey Home

*Bors lifts himself up from the ground, spitting dust and stone and growling to himself*

Bors: "Bastard.. How could I be so fekin stupid?" *ruffles unkept hair to get rid of some of the dust*

Bors: *whistles* "Flossy!... Come here girl.."

*Bors looks around for his faithful mount as the dust settles, he see's her head raising sideways as she tries to pull herself up from the ground, whinying and obviously in pain*

Bors: "flossy?.. what is it?" *As Bors walks towards his Horse he see's two black flighted arrows lodged deeply into her neck* "Oh no.. Not like this..".

*Bors sits down beside Flossy's strong head and examines the wounds, he sighs deeply and gently strokes her head and mane*

Bors: *voice quivering with emotion* "Lay still girl, I can not help you this time, the poison is working too fast and my powers have waned, it is time for us to part company, *strokes flossy's mane as she breaths a deep sigh relaxing to the sound of Bors' voice*

The Orc Raiders had struck as Bors came through the Dark Portal, they had launched a small attack on one of the mines in the area and where returning with their loot to their encampment, two of the raiders had spotted Bors as he charged through the Portal and had quickly released arrows in his general direction, hoping for a lucky shot. The Orcs had watched the flight of the arrows as they arced through the air, mouths open and eyes wide, they willed their arrows to strike home. As the arrows hit their target, sending both mount and rider sprawling and skidding across the harsh dry ground, they cheered and laughed before turning to catch up with the rest of the party.

*Bors softly pets Flossy as he gently pushes a small dagger into her Juggular, Flossy feels no pain*

Bors: "To help you on your way old girl, and lessen the suffering"

*Bors sits with Flossy keeping her calm with his voice as she slowly passes from this world, her last breath a long drawn out sigh, Bors inclines his head and offers a warriors prayer for the safe passage of his faithful friend*

*Bors stands and pulls his saddlebags free from Flossy's body and throws them over his shoulder, no time to bury his lost friend for fear of the raiders returning, he sets out for Nethergarde Keep with a heavy heart*.

Almost Home

Bors' stay at the Keep had been a pleasant one, the innkeeper instantly recognising his Tabard, refused to accept any payment.

Innkeeper when offered payment : "No no Lad.. Certainly not.. You keep your gold, You order need make no payment here". *Smiles broadly revealing pure white teeth behind his flame red beard*

*Bors puts the coins back into his well worn money pouch and ties the twine tight* : "You have my thanks Inkeeper, may the Light protect you in these uncertain times" *Nods politely and leaves the Inn*.

Within heavy stone perimeter walls of the Keep Dwarves and Humans went about thier daily business, Blacksmiths, Miners, Traders crafting and selling thier wares, some would stop, when Bors walked past as he made his way to the stables, those that recognised his Tabard would pay some respect, a small group of children stopped playing and whispered among themselves, one lad with scruffy black hair shouts, "Look.. A Disciple.. I'm going to be a Disciple when I grow up!!". Bors looks at the Boy and smiles " I'm sure you will be welcome in the order Lad, come to the Cathedral of Light in Stormwind after a few more summers and ask for Bors Lighthammer... I will teach you the virtues myself.."

Bors reaches the stables and starts to inspect the Horses that are in the exercise pen.

Stable boy: " Ho there Stranger, Looking to... " *Voice raises a couple of octaves* " By Lights grace.. You're one of them Disciples aint ya... Fek.. PA!! PA!! WE HAVE A VISITOR!!" *jumps around excitedly*

The stable master enters the Paddock, a large man with tousled hair and deep blue eyes, his face weathered and expressionless, he strides towards Bors rolling his sleeves up, Bors places his saddle bags on the ground and conspicuosly prepares himself for a fight.

Stable Master : "By Jeanna's left tit!! A Disciple!!" *Bors frowns at the outburst but relaxes his stance* " Welcome, Welcome.." *Slaps Bors on the back almost knocking the wind out of him* " Are you here looking for a mount?.. Where is your Charger?" *Bors replies slightly growling* "She is dead.. Orcs.. Near the Portal.."

Stable master : " Sorry to hear that, look.. Don't bother yourself with these Donkeys, come with me, I have a Steed in the paddock behind the stable, He is just what you're looking for".

*Bors follows the Stable Master to the Paddock, inside the Paddock, standing proudly is a white Charger, strong twined muscles and a glint of mischief in his eye that reminded Bors of his old mount Flossy*.

Bors : "Will he get me to Stormwind by tomorrow afternoon? "

Stable Master : "My Lord.. This Horse will get you to Stormwind in time for morning prayer and breakfast!!". *Grins Broadly*

Bors: *Nods and grins* "I'll take him.. How much?"

Stable Master : " Take him.. No fee.. The Disciples saved my Son from the clutches of some crazed Murlocks two summers ago, Consider it a debt repaid".

Bors : *Smiles and pats the man on the shoulder* "Never the less, I appreciate your kindness but, your family must eat, take this for the Horse". *Gives the Stable Master 200 Gold* " oh.. And I need a Saddle".

The Stable master points to several Saddles draped over the Paddock fence*. "Pick one.. Comes free with the Horse".

Bors picks his Saddle and Bridle and prepares the Horse for hard travel, checking and securing belts and buckles and making sure the bit is not uncomfortable in the Horses mouth, he finally mounts up.

Bors : " Your generousity will not be forgotten my friend "

Stable Master : *Bows his head slightly* " My Lord.. You realise we have a Flight master here?.. Your journey will only take you an hour or so.. "

Bors : "Flying!!??" *growls* "I fekin' hate flying!!... HYAH!!" *spurs the horse forward and thunders out of the stables and out of Nethergarde leaving a thick cloud of dust in his wake*

Elwynn and Stormwind in sight

Bors had driven his new mount hard throughout the night, partly to get to Stormwind as quick as possible and partly to see if the horse could take the place of his trusted friend, Flossy.

True to the Stable Masters word, Bors arrived in Elwynn as the sun was rising, he slows his mount to a slow trot and pats him firmly on the neck. "Well done boy, I'm sure we're going to get along just fine, all we need now is a suitable name for you".

Bors relaxes in his saddle, enjoying the birds morning song and the smell of the fresh morning air, Elwynn was a stark contrast to what he had been used to these past few months in Outland, he was glad to be home. He was soon approaching the bridge which crosses the fast flowing but narrow river that feeds Stonecairn Lake when he notices the lack of Guards on the bridge, immediatley he pulls back on the reins of his mount and stops, straining eyes and ears he looks around for any sign of the Guards, or worse.

Bors approaches the bridge with caution and calls out, "Guards?? Are we having a break or something? Show yourself and attend to your duties!!" There is a rustling and cursing from under the bridge and a large man emerges wearing an ill fitting Stormwind uniform, so ill fitting in fact that the helmet sat on the top of the mans head like a copper pot and the breastplate and leg armour was unbuckled and hanging loose.

Bors: *Eyeing the Guard and trying not to laugh* "Hail Guardsman, I am Bors Lighthammer, Chaplain to The Disciples of Light, why are you not at your post Lad? You know the Defias are still active in these woods, Where are your comrades? I will be reporting your lack of discipline as soon as I get to Stormwind unless you have a very good explanation...".

Guardsman : *Fidgets and adjusts his armour* "Well... Sire.. Its like this see.. Firstly I aint no fekin' Guardsman so you can stick ya report where the Light don't shine and secondly... " *Bors' mount picks his ears up and becomes agitated as two more men step out from thier hiding place under the bridge* " Here are my Comrades... ".

Bors edges his mount back a few steps and quickly assesses the situation, the two 'Comrades' wear Defias colors, one has no boots on and the other is bare chested, it was obvious to Bors that he had interupted them after they had over powered the Guardsman and were swapping thier armour to impersonate Stormwind Soldiers.

Bors : *Dismounting and readying his shield and hammer* "Defias Scum... Your little plan has been thwarted, thought you could pass as Soldiers eh? Take some gold from some merchant as Taxes to cross the bridge?... You fekin asswipes.. you ain't worthy even to polish the boots of a Stormwind Guard.. Make your peace with your Ancestors, you're going to be meeting them sooner than you think" *spits* "

The Defias Bandits drawer thier weapons and the bare chested one leads the charge with a roar, the other two are more hesitant.

Bors, feet firmly placed apart, meets the Bandits charge with the face of his shield, leaning into it with his body, the bandit hits the shield with a loud 'Whump', Bors grins with satisfaction as he hears all the wind leave the Bandits body from the impact.

The Bandit recovers suprisingly quickly and is on his feet again circling Bors with Dagger pointing from an outstretched arm, the other two Bandits charge at Bors hoping to overwelm him through superiority of numbers.

A maddening dance of death ensues, thrusts and lunges come in from all directions, Bors blocks a sword thrust with his shield and ducks another, the glint over a dagger passes close to his left eye and he feels the sting of pain as it opens up a wound across his left cheek, the warm blood trickles down his face and neck but only serves to enrage him more, he swings his hammer with a backhand movement towards the Bare chested Bandit with the Dagger and hits the man on the side of the head, a blood mist sprays over Bors' shield as the impact shatters the mans skull, The Bandit staggers back a few paces and his eyes roll backwards in his head, blood spraying from the wound like a fountain he falls to his knees and then face first into the dirt, a pool of blood around the Bandits head quickly spreads out across the ground.

The two Bandits looked down at thier dead comrade and hesitate, the bare footed Bandit drops his sword and runs towards the cover of the forest, Bors' mount quickly charges the man down, and to the astonishment of the armour clad Bandit and Bors, the Horse knocks the bandit to the ground, as he tries to scramble away, the Horse rears up and crushes the terrified Bandit under his hooves, cracking the mans head like a nutshell, spilling blood and brains over the green Elwynn grass.

One on one the two combatants circle each other, both looking for an opportunity to strike, Bors swings his hammer towards the Bandits head, the bandit dodges and thrust his sword point towards Bors' unguarded stomach, Bors manages to deflect the sword with his shield but only enough to divert the tip of the sword into the flesh above his hip.

Bors: *spits* " Come on then you fekin son of an interbred Troll... Lets see if you got the crystals.." *grimmaces with pain*

Bors could feel the blood from the wound above his hip seeping down inside the armour of his right leg, it hurt to move or adjust his stance, but he wasnt going down that easily.

Bandit : *Charges screaming* "DIE YOU FEKIN LIGHT LOVER!!"

Bors painfully sidesteps the Bandits charge and brings his hammer firmly down on the ill fitting helmet, the impact only served to push the helmet down further onto the Bandits head, carried forward by his momentum, the bandit stumbles passed Bors and tries to readjust his helmet.

Bors seizes the opportunity to hit the bandit over the head again, pushing the helmet even further onto his head. The tight fitting helmet squeezes the Bandits head tight, he drops his sword and attempts to remove the helmet, Bors swings his hammer in an upward motion hitting the Bandit firmly under the jaw, blood and teeth spray in the air like an arc, the Bandit leaves the ground by two feet as he flies backwards, jaw smashed and dazed the Bandit lays prostrate on the ground. Bors quickly follows up by swinging his hammer downwards smashing the mans face to a pulp, gore splattering up his arm and over his breastplate.

All three Bandits lay dead.

Bors breaths a deep sigh to calm himself, he turns away from the dead Bandit and heads towards the bridge, the pain from his hip seemed worse, the adrenalin had worn off and the bite of the sword was taking its toll, he searches under the bridge in the hope to find the Guards that the Bandits had overpowered, sure enough, the Guards bodies where piled unceremoniously under the bridge, he reaches for each of the Guards identification tags, offers a prayer for each and removes the tag.

Bors' mount was waiting for him on the bridge as he limped out and up the bank towards the top of the bridge, the Horse sensing Bors' pain moves towards him and kneels on his front legs to allow Bors to get into the saddle easier.

Bors : *Whinces with pain as he climbs into the saddle* "Scum got me a good one boy.." *Horse raises and Bors gently pulls on the reins to point himself towards Stormwind* "Nice welcome home eh boy?" *pats the Chargers neck firmly* "You did well, but we still need a name for you.. Maybe we can enlist the help of The Disciples in naming you.." *Gently spurs the horse forward* " Stormwind is within reach now.. The Cathedral of Light will be a welcome sight and I have to introduce you to the most noble men and women on Azeroth".

Bors rides through Elwynn at a comfortable pace, as he rides he speaks to his mount, reliving past history and battles, telling of The Disciples and how much of an honour it is to be able to fight alongside a man whose compassion and virtue is renowned throughout the Alliance kingdoms, he recites and explains the virtues of the order to his Horse, he knows the beast does not understand, but, it will learn the sound of his masters voice and the bond between them will become stronger, not to mention the fact it kept his mind away from the painful wound he sustained.

((I hope this will suffice, if you need anything else please feel free to poke me in-game))

Last edited by Bors on Fri 23 Apr - 5:32; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Stuff)

Bors

Back to top Go down

Post by Aarian Fri 23 Apr - 5:36

Looks good to me

Aarian

Back to top Go down

Post by Baroth Fri 23 Apr - 7:31

Ah, i remember the first time i met Bors. He truly is like a grumpy grandfather XD
Baroth
Baroth

Back to top Go down

Post by Aarian Fri 23 Apr - 8:12

Baroth wrote:Ah, i remember the first time i met Bors. He truly is like a grumpy grandfather XD

I think that's because he is one IRL... ^^

*hides*

Aarian

Back to top Go down

Post by Yepharel Fri 23 Apr - 8:15

Wow...That's alot of text! But I managed to survive the wall of text and succeed in reading it all! We'll have to figure out a comeback story for ye, heh. Laughing

-Dan, Recruitment Officer.
Yepharel
Yepharel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bors Fri 23 Apr - 8:29

Aarian wrote:
Baroth wrote:Ah, i remember the first time i met Bors. He truly is like a grumpy grandfather XD

*hides*

OI!!! Get back 'ere!!

Bors

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Fri 23 Apr - 8:53

Bors wrote:
Aarian wrote:

*hides*

OI!!! Get back 'ere!!

*Napalm bombs the bush that Aarian is hiding in*
Phil
Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Shariah Fri 23 Apr - 10:06

It all looks good, seak out Yepharel/Aarian/? whomever want to take you on to an interview, and Welcome back!

//

Shariah
Shariah
Shariah

Back to top Go down

Post by Valestrion Sat 24 Apr - 14:50

Bors is back as an OOC Member, pending interview

Valestrion

Back to top Go down

Post by Maci Sun 25 Apr - 19:07

Madness.

Bors is like Chuck Norris. He doesnt get invited to join DoL, DoL gets invited to join him.
Maci
Maci

Back to top Go down

Post by Bors Mon 26 Apr - 2:37

Maci wrote:Madness.

Bors is like Chuck Norris. He doesnt get invited to join DoL, DoL gets invited to join him.

Maci come back! WoW break over mkay?

Bors

Back to top Go down

Post by Bors Mon 26 Apr - 5:41

Let me in to Forums please

Bors

Back to top Go down

Post by Shariah Mon 26 Apr - 5:49

Apply to one of the groups, Combatants I believe.
Shariah
Shariah

Back to top Go down

Post by Aarian Mon 26 Apr - 5:58

What's with all this applying to groups crap, I'm constantly getting forum members saying they can't see any of the boards - isn't there a more simple way of sorting this?! Neutral

Aarian

Back to top Go down

Post by Shariah Mon 26 Apr - 5:59

Don't look at me, ask Rentarn who designed that! ^^
Shariah
Shariah

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Mon 26 Apr - 6:00

It makes sense to me but then again I'm a forum addict.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre
Librarian

Back to top Go down

Post by Yepharel Mon 26 Apr - 6:07

I say we send Jeanpierre into a rehab facility! I mean, he even -admitted- he's an addict!
Yepharel
Yepharel

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeanpierre Mon 26 Apr - 6:15

That's the first step towards self help man. I'm already working on it... see.. i'm even wearing the (eye)patch to avoid seeing the forum.
Jeanpierre
Jeanpierre
Librarian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next